Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Peaches and Cream Pie

Okay, let me tell you the truth: This pie is dangerously good. I had to give half of it away and each of us ate a piece. Yes, Jonah and Isaac each consumed a piece of this delicious pie. I first had peach cream pie at a newly discovered Amish bakery this summer when we were searching for good pies for the upcoming retirement party. This might even top that one - and it was awesome!

Thank you, Kris, for calling with this recipe from The Amish Cook. I don't get that column in my newspaper. I did it a little differently than The Amish Cook but it still was great!

Peaches and Cream Pie

Fill unbaked pie shell with sliced ripe peaches. (I put about 6 or 8 peaches in a shell)

Combine and pour over:
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 c. half and half

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set. I honestly think I had to bake mine more like 70 minutes, but keep checking it until there's a one inch circle in the middle that's not set.

No comments: